Cashew Basil Pasta
This pasta tastes crisp, fresh, and healthy. It has gut cleansing properties; definitely one of those recipes you must incorporate into your menu on a weekly basis.
Enjoy my friends xx
* 500g dried pasta
* 130g frozen green peas
* boiling water
* 200 g cashews, dry roasted or activated
* 1 lemon zest only, no white pith
* 30g Nutritional yeast
* 2 avocados (approx. 200g)
* 2 lemons, juice only, to taste
* 50g fresh basil, leaves only
* 90g extra virgin olive oil
* 90g filtered water
* 2 garlic cloves
* salt, to taste
* ground black pepper, to taste
* watercress, to garnish
* Prepare pasta as per packet instructions.
* Cover peas with boiling water and set aside.
* Place 60g of the cashews into a food processor and chop into pieces (don’t mill) Then set aside.
* Place remaining 140g cashews, lemon zest of one lemon, and Nutritional yeast into processor; blend until milled.
* Add avocado, lemon juice, basil, olive oil, filter water, and garlic and process, then scrape down sides and process till creamy and smooth.
* Drain the peas, then add to the mixture and process till peas are crushed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Add sauce to the reserved pasta and combine. Sprinkle with reserved cashews, then top with watercress to serve.