Hoisin Tofu Dinner
* 400g firm tofu, pressed and cut into squares
* 80g hoisin sauce
* 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* ½tsp Chinese five spice powder
* ½tsp garlic powder
* ½tsp ground ginger
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper
* 1 ½ tsp salt
* 250g brown rice
* 1000g filtered water
* 190g broccolini, cut into thirds
* 250g fresh mushrooms, cut into slices
* 150g snow peas, cut into halves
* soy sauce, to serve
* sesame seeds, for garnishing
* Add baking paper to a steamer tray, ensuring paper goes all the way to the edges.
* Rinse rice until water runs clear. Place water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt into a pot. Simmer for about 20minutes until cooked.
* Place tofu pieces into a large bowl and add hoisin sauce into it. Then add oil, Chinese five spice, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and ½ teaspoon of the salt into bowl. Carefully stir to coat tofu, then transfer onto the lined steamer tray.
* Place vegetables into the second layer of your steamer.
* Steam tofu and vegetables until vegetables are tender.
* Divide steamed vegetables, cooked rice and tofu between serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with tamari.