* 250g water
* 2tsp dried instant yeast
* 400g plain flour
* 1tsp salt
* Sunflower oil, for frying
* Icing sugar, for dusting
* Place water and yeast into a bowl, stir and let it rest for a minute.
* Add flour and salt and knead 3 min. Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or lightly floured work surface. Form dough into a ball and transfer into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for approx. 1 hour or until doubled in size.
* Line a plate with paper towel and set aside. Divide dough into 16 pieces, roll into a ball and use your finger to make a hole in the centre of each ball to form a ring.
* Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil (2 cm deep). Working in batches and using a slotted spoon, carefully lower doughnuts into oil and fry for 2 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown. Using slotted spoon, remove doughnuts and transfer onto prepared plate to drain.
* Sprinkle doughnuts with icing sugar or preferred topping, serve warm.