Mediterranean Stuffed Capsicums
We made these delicious stuffed peppers. They are highly recommended, the filling is so flavorful. Here you go guys..
* 130 g Freekeh
* 250 g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
* 30 g pickled capers
* 50 g pine nuts
* 50 g walnuts
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 3 tsp nutritional yeast
* ¼ tsp dried thyme
* 1 zucchini, grated
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 spring onions, chopped
* 2 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only, chopped
* 3 capsicums, cut into halves and deseeded
* 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
* salt and ground black pepper, to season
* Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray.
* Soak Freekeh for 30 minutes or overnight.
* Drain Freekeh and cook for 10 minutes.
* Blend pine nuts, walnuts, oil, nutritional yeast and thyme in a food processor until it is a crumble consistency. Set aside.
* Add cooked freekeh, grated zucchini, crushed garlic, chopped spring onions, chopped basil, tomatoes and capers into a bowl. Set aside.
* Brush each capsicum half inside and out with oil and place onto prepared baking tray.
* Divide freekeh mixture evenly between capsicums, packing tightly as capsicums will soften during cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Top each filled capsicum with reserved nut mixture. Cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes (190°C). Remove foil and roast for a further 15 minutes (190°C) or until golden brown and tender.